Suzetta Perkins Revealed
About Suzetta Perkins
What is your birthdate?:1/28
Previous occupations:Secretary of the University at Fayetteville State University, Assistant Military Sales Rep/Buyer for Sony Europe, Medical Transcriptionist, Secretary
Favorite job:Sales associate/buyer for Sony Europe. I handled accounts military accounts for the U.S. military overseas, traveling often to England, Italy, Holland, and Spain.
High school and/or college:I'm a California native, and I graduated from high school in Hayward, California. I also went to college in California, however, I earned my degrees from Fayetteville Technical Community College and Fayetteville State University.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Anita Baker
Favorite television show:Grey's Anatomy
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Fast paced, hectic, happy, spiritual, rewarding, revealing, blessed
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Live life to the fullest!
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. I'm not sure that I can describe perfect happiness because I I've not had that experience. If I was to attempt to describe it, I'd say that perfect happiness would be a world where there was peace, tranquility, no hunger, no financial issues and everyone loved each other for who they were regardless of their race, color, or creed.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Failure is my greatest fear.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Bermuda
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Oprah Winfrey. I realize she's immediate history, however, I applaud her ability to go forth on her journey to be the best in her field. She's been an inspiration for me.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. I must say Oprah Winfrey again.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Twenty-four seven, the bomb, and truth be told
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. I regret that my mother never was able to see my published literary work.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Play a piano
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Besides authoring my novel, it is raising two beautiful children to be productive citizens.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Being so critical of myself.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Giving of myself--always willing to help others.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I would be a blanket to keep people warm.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm a loving person.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. James Bond
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Mister played by Danny Glover in the movie The Color Purple
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. If I could meet a historical character, it would be Martin Luther King. I would say to him, "Thanks, Martin."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who don't put shopping carts in the stall designated for them after they've put their purchases in their vehicle.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Sharing my work with book clubs and readers at book stores, conventions, and book club meetings.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. My fantasy profession would be interior design.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, commitment, and loyalty
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. One thing? I guess it would be chicken marsala
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. We are the World, Sweet Love by Anita Baker, He Saw the Best in Me by Marvin Sapp, A House is Not a Home by Luther Vandross, and A Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Toni Morrison
E. Lynn Harris
J. California Cooper
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Bible
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
The Wake of the Wind by J. California Cooper
My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
Sugar by Bernice McFadden
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Sugar by Bernice McFadden
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Learn the craft so you can tell your stories well.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Readers tell me they can feel, touch, and taste as if they were imported into the story.