Sonsyrea Tate Revealed
About Sonsyrea Tate
What is your birthdate?:10/1
Favorite job:Haven't landed it yet.
High school and/or college:University of the District of Columbia and Regent University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Stevie Wonder
Favorite movie:Officer and a Gentleman
Favorite television show:Andy Griffith
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Fun, inspired, challenging and enriching.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. All things work together for good.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Happiness is spending most of my time doing what I most enjoy - writing, listening to others, inspiring, encouraging, and helping others fulfill their heart's desires. Happiness is good health and financial means for all my current and future expenses and enough to help others get what they need and want.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Failure.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Anywhere laughing with my husband.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Malcolm X
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My mother
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Look at the bright side.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. lacking courage when I needed it most
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. public speaking
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Being a good sister, daughter, wife, friend.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. over analyzing errors and mistakes
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Loving, respecting, and appreciating others.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Myself
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. Kindness
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Joker
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I would meet Obama and say, "May God continue to bless you," and how else can I help?
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. public/media relations
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. full-time, best-selling author
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. kindness, intelligence, courage
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. apples
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Love's in Need; I'll Write a Song for You; My Name is Victory; I Won't Complain; Evergreen
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. E. Ethelbert Miller, Marita Golden, Khalil Gibran, Herman Hesse; Judy Blume
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Jonathan Livingston Seagull; Long Distance Life; The Prophet; Simple Abundance; the Bible
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Writers write - and sell what they write.
- Q. How did you come to write Do Me Twice?
- A. Close family and friends challenged me to "tell it like it really was." They didn't mean for me to just spit all my most personal business into the wind - I realized too late. They were encouraging me to tell the truth beyond what has become politically correct information discussed about Islam, women in Islam, women leaving Islam. Muslims are first and foremost humans and that needed to be reflected in my story.