Nicolle Wallace Revealed
About Nicolle Wallace
What is your birthdate?:2/4
Previous occupations:White House Communications Director for George W. Bush, Press Secretary for Governor Jeb Bush, advisor to John McCain and Sarah Palin
Favorite job:This one!
High school and/or college:Miramonte High School, UC Berkeley, Northwestern University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:U2
Favorite movie:Rain Man
Favorite television show:Entourage
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. A work in progress. Is that eight?
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. We plan, god laughs.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Tucked under a blanket on the couch watching a movie with my husband on one side and the dog on the other.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Deer ticks carrying Lyme disease
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. At our country house.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Bono
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. “It is what it is.” and “What are you going to do?”
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Any and all time spent in a self-absorbed state
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Being able to sing and dance
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Figuring out what that word really means
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Easily distracted
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I’m pretty calm in a crisis.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. My dog
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I smile too much.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. The Giving Tree and Atticus Finch
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. I hate all the villains.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Abigail Adams. I’d ask her where all that strength came from.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who yell at me and my dog in central park
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Dog Whisperer
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. This is it — writing novels.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Self deprecating humor, humility, strength
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Hot fudge sundaes made with moose tracks ice cream and covered with chocolate sprinkles
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd), Glitter in the Air (Pink), One (U2), This Must Be the Place (Talking Heads), Sweet Jane (Cowboy Junkies)
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Anne Patchett, Jane Austen, Jennifer Weiner
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Great Gatsby (F. Scott Fitzgerald), Run (Anne Patchet), The Devil Wears Prada (Lauren Weisberger), Prep (Curtis Sittenfeld), To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. I used to read Catcher in the Rye every year.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Email yourself little pieces of the story that come to you while you're out to dinner or on a walk or grocery shopping or at the gym.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. People want to know what was in Roger's letter.