Laurie Halse Anderson Revealed
About Laurie Halse Anderson
What is your birthdate?:10/23
Previous occupations:Newspaper reporter, journalist, worked on a dairy farm and a pig farm
Favorite job:Being a mom. I'm looking forward to being a grandmother in a few years!
High school and/or college:Fayetteville-Manlius High School, Høng HF og Studenterkursus, Denmark, Onondaga County Community College, Georgetown University
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:This changes. Right now it's Jill Scott again because her new CD is so amazing.
Favorite movie:Four Weddings and a Funeral
Favorite television show:NCAA College Basketball
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Aswim in love, I play and create. Huzzah!
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. It's not a mistake, if you learn from it.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Serving Thanksgiving dinner in my house with all of our family and friends crowded around the tables.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. I'll lose my memory.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. In the woods.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Nicholas Chatfield, my 3rd great-grandfather, who came to America so he could practice his religion freely.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My father.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Very, Sweetie, Just a few pages more
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not playing basketball in high school.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I'd love to have a photographic memory.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. My children.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. My temper.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I am very good at sitting quietly and absorbing what's going on around me.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I would be a hawk. Or maybe a wolf. Or a tastetaster at Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I am a hard worker.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Inspector Dalgleish
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Lord Valdemort
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Sergeant Joseph Plumb Martin, "Tell me what the Revolutionary War was really like."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Rudeness
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. It's a tough call; either running or gardening.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I am living it!
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, sense of humor, and kindness
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Popcorn
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Breathe (2AM) by Anna Nalick; You Gotta Be by Des'ree; Waterfalls by TLC; I'm Still in Love With You by Al Green; Gonna Fly Now by Bill Conti
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. PD James, Neil Gaiman, Elizabeth George
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Weetzie Bat by Francesca Lia Block, Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, and Commonsense by Thomas Paine
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. No
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Turn off the television.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Thanks for telling the truth.