Kristin Bailey Revealed
About Kristin Bailey
What is your birthdate?:12/15
Previous occupations:I have been a zookeeper, a professional balloon artist, and a substitute teacher.
Favorite job:Twisting balloon animals as a job was so much fun.
High school and/or college:I went to high school in Tracy, California, and attended U.C. Davis for college.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:U2
Favorite movie:The Lord of the Rings
Favorite television show:Dancing with the Stars
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Challenging, Adventurous, Whimsical, Lively, Engaging, Romantic, Fun, Amusing
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Never give up, never surrender! - Galaxy Quest
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Perfect happiness for me is knowing that everyone I love is content and at peace. As for the things that personally make me happy, the list is pretty simple. Roller coasters are way up there, along with pumpkin pie, and a beautiful garden on a cool, sunny day.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Blood and ladders
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. I'd be trail riding up a mountain in Yellowstone
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Mary Shelley
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Honestly? My husband. He's pretty awesome.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. "Do you see what I'm saying?" and "Know what I mean?"
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. I regret that I didn't have a more confident sense of self as a child.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I'd love to be a great dancer.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Honestly, I can't think of anything that makes me feel greater pride than knowing I published a book.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I'm lazy, oh, boy, I'm lazy. I'm working on it though.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I love very deeply and honestly.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I've always wanted to be a bird. I'd love to fly.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My smile tends to stand out. I've been accused of having the world's worst case of perma-grin.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. I know it's been done, but I have to go with Harry Potter.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I just love her attitude.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I would have loved to meet Amelia Earhart. That lady had some moxy. I admire the women in history who managed to break with tradition. If I had anything to say to her, I'd probably tell her to take care in the South Pacific, because it would have been great to see what she would have accomplished had she continued on with her life.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People moving things on my desk.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. I love gardening.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. If I could do anything, I'd design habitats and exhibits for zoos.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Loyalty, humor, and honesty
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. My practical side is arguing that you can't eat any one thing that much or it will kill you, but if I had to pick a favorite thing, it would probably be grapefruit. I acknowledge, I'm very odd.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. With or Without You, by U2; Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake; You & Me by Dave Matthews Band; With Cat Like Tread, from The Pirates of Penzance; and Daughter by Pearl Jam
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. I love classics like Shakespeare, and many authors from the Victorian era like Anna Sewell, Louisa May Alcott, and Mary Shelley, I also really enjoy many classic children's authors like L. Frank Baum, and Dr. Seuss.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. When I think about the books that made me love reading, I immediately thing of Black Beauty, Little Women, and The Wizard of Oz. As an adult I have to add Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban to that list as well as Frankenstein.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. I reread the Harry Potter books, I admit it. I love them.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Don't write in a vaccuum, because you'll learn the most about writing from other writers.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Where do you get your ideas? Honestly, I usually have no idea.