John Osborne Revealed
About John Osborne
What is your birthdate?:12/15
Previous occupations:I've taught in schools in Germany and Austria, worked in a hotel, Norwich Union, Anglia Windows.
Favorite job:Teaching poetry in a primary school.
High school and/or college:University of East Anglia
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Blur, Super Furry Animals, Hefner, Bearsuit, Art Brut.
Favorite movie:Annie Hall, Quadrophenia
Favorite television show:Seinfeld, The Thick of It.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Lives in Norwich. Has never seen Star Wars.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Keep myself to myself.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Red wine, comfy chair.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. People pointing and laughing.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. I used to live in Vienna. I've always wanted to go back there.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Damon Albarn.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Ace.
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. I've been too lazy too often.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Drawing.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Performing at Glastonbury
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Saying yes to things I want to say no to.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. My knowledge of county cricket.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My shoelaces are often undone.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Dogtanian.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Grouty in Porridge.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who whistle.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Teaching can be fun.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I'd like my own radio show
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Funny, laid back, likes Seinfeld.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Sandwiches
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Bad losers on Yahoo Chess - Half Man Half Biscuit, Guacamole - Super Furry Animals, Emily Kane - Art Brut, Hey Charlie Hey Chuch - Bearsuit, Accept yourself - The Smiths.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Tobias Hill, Jonathan Safran Foer, Douglas Coupland, Joe Dunthorne, Jon Ronson, Simon Armitage.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. 1. Actual Air - David Berman
2. Zoom - Simon Armitage
3. Extremely loud and incredibly close - Jonathan Safran Foer
4. What is the What? - Dave Eggars
5. Girlfriend in a Coma - Douglas Coupland
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Actual Air by David Berman
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Keep a notebook handy. Use it every day.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I like radio too.