Jacquelin Thomas: A Self Portrait
Jacquelin Thomas Revealed
About Jacquelin Thomas
What is your birthdate?:3/26
Previous occupations:Shoe Buyer for Department Store, Dept. Store Manager, paralegal and domestic sales manager
Favorite job:writing is my favorite job
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Mary Mary
Favorite movie:Steele Magnolias
Favorite television show:Criminal Minds
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Blessed to be loved and alive
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Live life to the fullest
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Total dependance on God and secure that He is the answer to all of my problems
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. I have panic disorder, so having a panic attack or not being able to breathe
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. on a beach in Hawaii
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My Pastor
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. I am not who YOU say I am, even if I did what you say I did
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. I waited so long to enjoy my life
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. singing
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. my children
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I'm uncomfortable being in public
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I'm dependable
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I'd be me
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm shy
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Warner in Redemption
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Sheila in The Prodigal Husband
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Harriet Tubman. I would applaud her courage and let her know that all she did was not in vain.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. I hate to keep repeating myself
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Reading
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Writing!
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. honesty, sincerity & sensitivity to other's feelings
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. seafood
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Let Jesus Love You, Falling In Love with Jesus, Stand Still, God is Good &
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. James Patterson, Karen Kingsbury, Jodi Picoult, James Baldwin, Ernest J. Gaines, Tracy Price-Thompson and Gloria Naylor
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. When the Wind Blows & Maximum Ride series by James Patterson and A Woman's Worth by Tracy Price Thompson
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. When the Wind Blows
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Writer's write ...
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. That I'm not writing fast enough for them.
- Q. How did you come to write Ideal Wife?
- A. I was listening to a radio talk show about swinging one afternoon and a woman called in. She said that she was a Christian and married to a minister. She and her husband were swingers. She also said that 68% of swingers considered themselves Christians. At the time I was reading about Esther in the Bible. She replaced Queen Vashti as queen when Vashti refused her husband's request to show off her beauty to the men in his kingdom. It was this action that birthed the question: what would you do if your husband wanted to divorce you because you refused to participate in the swinging lifestyle?