Isla Neal Revealed
About Isla Neal
Previous occupations:I've been a children's book editor, a nanny, a camp counselor, a barista, a research lab assistant, and a movie theater ticket-taker.
Favorite job:Writing beats them all, hands down.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. lots of writing in my jammies coffee coffee
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. I have always had a ridiculous fear that I will walk into the bathroom one morning and find a python in my toilet. (This happens more frequently than you would care to believe, although--thank goodness--not yet to me).
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. I desperately want to visit the Galapagos, and meet some giant tortoises.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I'd like to have a perfect sense of direction. I could get lost with a GPS strapped to my arm.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I am quite tall.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Baking.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Celebrity cake-maker.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Humor, intelligence, and understanding.
On Books and Writing
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. This is an incredibly difficult question! But I will say To Kill a Mockingbird, Holes, The Gun Seller, Little Fox Goes to the End of the World, and Matilda.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. To Kill a Mockingbird, definitely. That book gets better every time I read it.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Write through the garbage.