Helen Frost Revealed
On Books and Writing
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. I'll list some picture books I love, since Monarch and Milkweed is a picture book (I write a lot of different kinds of books).
Blueberries for Sal, by Robert McCloskey
All the Places to Love, by Patricia MacLachlan
The Giant, by Claire Ewart
Emma Dilemma, by Kristine O'Connell George
Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain, by Verna Aardema
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. A House is a House for Me, by Mary Ann Hoberman
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. If you want to write a picture book, read at least 100 picture books and think about what you love in each one.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I love your book.