What is your birthdate?:6/16
Favorite job:To write, to read, to laugh
High school and/or college:Francisco Pacheco High School. And I studied publicity at the University of Sevilla.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Jim Morrison
Favorite movie:The Truman Show
Favorite television show:Heroes, Dexter, Sherlock Holmes, Mad Men, Lost...
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Always lookin for fantastic horizons behind every window.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try (Yoda).
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
My perfect day would start by passing time in bed with a dear person,writing a bit without hurries, reading in a cafeteria while it rains, and agood movie before falling asleep close to the same dear person.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Having an accident and being rescued by Annie Wilkes.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. There is no perfect place. There is a perfect moment.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. H.G. Wells.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My wife.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. How the hell does it works?
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Lost opportunities
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. To sing.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Not to stammer the day that I met my wife.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. So many, that I can’t choose only one.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Sense of humor. And this is the only one I can choose.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I would like to be a pop star.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I will ask my wife, when she comes back from the supermarket.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Wolverine
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Joker.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
Houdini. I would ask him for his tricks.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. To realize that there is no more toilet paper left
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Just not writing.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Jedi.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Imagination, humor and tenderness
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Very cold beer with chips
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. The sound of silence (Simon and Garfunkel), Hunting High and Low (A-ha), All I Want Is You (U2), Paint a Vulgar Picture (The Smiths), The man on the mon (REM)
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
Julio Cortázar, Borges, Daniel Pennac, PaulAuster, Martin Amis.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
Lolita (Nabokov), The Anubis Gates (Tim Powers),The Time Traveler’s Wife (Audrey Niffenegger), Interview with the Vampire (AnneRice), One Hundred Years of Solitude (Gabriel Gª Márquez).
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Cuentos by Julio Cortázar.
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. That they must try to enjoy the process of writing, not just the fact of having a finished work.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Give me back by money! Well… really, some people say to me: Thanks for making me dream.