Dianna Love Revealed
About Dianna Love
What is your birthdate?:4/1
Previous occupations:I used to climb a hundred feet in the air to paint gigantic murals and I still own a large specialty marketing business.
Favorite job:I only do things I'm passionate about so I love everything I do - art and writing.
High school and/or college:I grew up in Tampa, Florida and went to high school in Brandon then built my first company at seventeen.
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:I have no one favorite since I love so many different types of music.
Favorite movie:I love movies, so that isn't fair, but I will always remember seeing the orignial version of Romeo and Juliet.
Favorite television show:Right now it's Dexter, but ask me next week.
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Chaotic, happy, fulfilling, challenging and full of love
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Nothing is Worth More Than Today
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Spending a day riding my motorcycle or saltwater fishing, with my husband.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Losing use of my eyes and/or hands.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Home
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Leonardo Da Vinci, because he used both sides of his brain
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. My husband who has unlimited patience, wonderful wit and understands me
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. You can't be serious...
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Nothing. I don't believe in regrets.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. singing
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Building a career in a tough business I love
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I have no patience for mediocrity
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Being extremely loyal
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Fighter pilot
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I smile a lot and enjoy people
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. too many to cull out any one of them
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Heath Ledger's version of Riddler
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. Da Vinci and I'd asked him what crazy idea or potential invention did he not get a chance to put down on paper.
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. people who don't do what they say
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Painting hundred foot long murals
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. I'm living it
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Integrity, loyalty and a sense of humor
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. banana splits
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Anything from Ottmar Liebert to Led Zepplin - I love pretty much all music that has energy
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Oh, please...I love so many mentioning only a couple would get me in trouble.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. Again, there are too many to choose only five.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. any book in my book case
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. If you want to be published, take yourself seriously as a writer and commit one-hundred percent to the "story." Above all, don't quit or waste time wondering if you are worthy. Of course you are.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. They want more books faster - that makes me smile.
- Q. How did you come to write Phantom in the Night?
- A. While traveling with Sherrilyn Kenyon (my coauthor on this book), we started discussing the BAD Agency series. I love to brainstorm and immediately suggested ways to turn this into a larger premise for a romantic thriller, very high concept. She liked it so next thing I knew we were writing together.