Danielle Joseph Revealed
About Danielle Joseph
What is your birthdate?:11/15
Previous occupations:video store clerk, movie usher, toy demonstrator, waiter, DJ, copywriter, creative writing teacher, English tutor
Favorite job:Being an author, by far!
High school and/or college:Wellesley High School in Wellesley, MA and Emerson College in Boston, MA
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Bob Marley
Favorite movie:Coming to America
Favorite television show:E/R
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Exciting, ever-changing, fulfilling, just like a good book!
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Follow your dreams, not your worries.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Not having enough time to write.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. I'm happy being at home but I've always wanted to visit the island of Madeira.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Anne Frank.
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Sidney Poiter.
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Cool, no way, awesome!
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I would love to be able to sing.
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Raising good, happy, loving kids.
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. Not always taking my time to finish things.
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. Perseverance.
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. Since I love the ocean, a mermaid would be cool!
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I'm easy-going and non confrontational.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Shrek.
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Gargamel from the Smurfs.
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. I would say to Helen Keller, "You are such a remarkable woman, how did you overcome all the obstacles in your life to become such an amazing role model?"
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. Rude people that think they're all that.
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. I really loved being a DJ.
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Resort tester.
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Honesty, integrity and a good sense of humor.
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Most definitely chocolate! Of course, I would have chocolate covered strawberries, pineapple and other good stuff too!
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Iron Lion Zion by Bob Marley, What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong, Crazy by Seal, Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T's and Ironic by Alanis Morrisette.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Maya Angelou, Ayn Rand, John Steinbeck, Janet Fitch, Robert Cormier, Helen Keller, Ernest Hemingway, Toni Morrison, Ellen Hopkins, E.R, Frank, Judy Blume, Nadine Gordimer and Lois Duncan.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Fountainhead, Tunes for Bears to Dance to, White Oleander, Are you There God? It's Me, Margaret, and The Pearl
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. Where the Sidewalk Ends
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Let go and be true to yourself.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. I can really relate to your main character.
- Q. How did you come to write Shrinking Violet?
- A. I love listening to the radio and once worked as a DJ and wanted to write about that experience. I also wanted to write about a strong teen that was able to conquer her fears and those holding her back, and follow her dreams. And from that, Tere Adams, Sweet T, was born.