Cindy Gerard: A Self Portrait
Cindy Gerard Revealed
About Cindy Gerard
What is your birthdate?:1/30
Previous occupations:Bookkeeper, seamstress, store clerk, policy specialist for the Department of Human Service, Instructor
High school and/or college:Iowa
Favorite television show:Mad Men, NCIS, The Closer, Saving Grace, Burn Notice
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. Rich, full, loving, entertaining, blessed
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Go for it!
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. Perfect happiness is a great book, a warm sun, an ice cold glass of water and the time to enjoy all of them. And if I can't have that, then I'll settle for some of the amazing things I already have: a loving family, good health, the American way and a New York Times bestseller :o)
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. Not being able to finish my current work in progress.
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. I would love to visit Sri Lanka. I set a book there and found it fascinating.
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Well, it's not the stalwart pioneer women. Those ladies were tough. Me - I need my microwave and DVR :o(
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. Any President of the US. It's the biggest job in the world
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Whatever, there ya go,
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. that I didn't start my writing career earlier.
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. I would love to paint
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Other than maintaining a long and loving marriage and my children, hitting the New York Times bestseller list
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. procrastination
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. determination
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. I would be a pop singer.
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. I would like to say that it's my tall svelte stature but since I'm neither tall nor svelte, I'll go with my smile
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Jack Reacher
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. The Dark Knight
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. people who think they can write a book but never do
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. reading
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. rock star :o)
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. honesty, compassion, sense of humor
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. pizza. No, Chocolate! No wait. Definitely Pizza. Unless it's chocolate.
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Lee Child, Suzanne Brockman, Janet Evanovich, Tara Janzen, Tom and Sharon Curtis, Sandra Brown, LaVryle Spencer, La Nora
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Windflower, Hummingbird, Another Dawn, One For The Money, Bird By Bird
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Hummingbird
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Finish the Book!
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. When is the next book coming out???
- Q. How did you come to write Show No Mercy?
- A. Show No Mercy is a response to reader requests to continue my series of Bodyguard books. Because, however, I wanted to bring something new to the table, I developed a new series of similar heroes and heroines dealing with life or death situations and took it up a level.