Cathi Hanauer Revealed
About Cathi Hanauer
What is your birthdate?:10/5
Previous occupations:babysitter, waitress (so fun! so lucrative! I'm serious!), writer, writer, and writer
High school and/or college:West Orange High School, West Orange, New Jersey. Newhouse School of Communications at Syracuse University. MFA at the University of Arizona, in Tucson
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Growing up (in NJ), loved Springsteen, Billy Joel (old stuff). Later: Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Chris Smither sometimes. Early Alannis Morrissette (back in her bitch days, before she got happy and heartwarming), some Norah Jones (before she got boring--LOVE that voice, though), Adele is my new favorite, thanks to my teenage daughter. James Taylor is always great.
Favorite movie:Can't possibly narrow to one, so here are my top dozen: Midnight Cowboy, The Graduate, The English Patient, The Big Easy, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Kramer Versus Kramer, Bull Durham, Frozen River, Dead Poet's Society, The Godfather (1 and 2), Moonstruck, Spiderman 2
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. happy full bitchy fun work dogs teenagers chocolate
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. So many! Every person's life is her own banana peel to slip on. Do what you want and the money will follow. Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened. (that one's from the brilliant Dr. Seuss)
On Books and Writing
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. See above.
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. "I related so much!" Music to my ears.