Brad Thor: A Self Portrait
Brad Thor Revealed
About Brad Thor
What is your birthdate?:8/21
Previous occupations:TV producer/host
High school and/or college:University of Southern California
Name of your favorite composer or music artist?:Johnny Cash
Favorite movie:The Great Escape
Favorite television show:Rome
- Q. How would you describe your life in only 8 words?
- A. The result of hard work and taking chances.
- Q. What is your motto or maxim?
- A. Never give up. Never give in.
- Q. How would you describe perfect happiness?
- A. There are three keys to happiness:Something to do.Someone to love.andSomething to look forward to.
- Q. What’s your greatest fear?
- A. That somebody will figure out what it is...
- Q. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you choose to be?
- A. Raising William F. Buckley from the grave so he could go after his son...
- Q. With whom in history do you most identify?
- A. Ronald Reagan
- Q. Which living person do you most admire?
- A. The Black Ops team leader I was with in Afghanistan...
- Q. What are your most overused words or phrases?
- A. Two is one and one is none...
- Q. What do you regret most?
- A. Not having enough hours in the day to do all that I want to do...
- Q. If you could acquire any talent, what would it be?
- A. Ability to eat fifty eggs in an hour...
- Q. What is your greatest achievement?
- A. Writing my first novel...
- Q. What’s your greatest flaw?
- A. I grab checks way too quickly...
- Q. What’s your best quality?
- A. I'm always there when my friends need me...
- Q. If you could be any person or thing, who or what would it be?
- A. A Predator high above the SWAT valley...
- Q. What trait is most noticeable about you?
- A. My incredible taste in cufflinks...
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional hero?
- A. Detective John Corey
- Q. Who is your favorite fictional villain?
- A. Don't have one...
- Q. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be and what would you say to him or her?
- A. The prophet Mohammed."Put down the sword, look me in the eye, and tell me it's really a religion of peace."
- Q. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- A. People who think they're above the law...
- Q. What is your favorite occupation, when you’re not writing?
- A. Working out and shooting...
- Q. What’s your fantasy profession?
- A. Clueless politician...
- Q. What 3 personal qualities are most important to you?
- A. Integrity, Dignity, Loyalty
- Q. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days, what would it be?
- A. Steak - lots and lots of steak.
- Q. What are your 5 favorite songs?
- A. Flashlight, Guitars & Cadilacs, Back in Black, C'est Manifique, Ring of Fire
On Books and Writing
- Q. Who are your favorite authors?
- A. Sidney Sheldon, Alexandre Dumas, Vince Flynn, David Baldacci, Kyle Mills, Nelson Demille, Daniel Silva, Steve Berry, James Rollins, Dan Brown, AJ Tata, Brent Ghelfi - the list goes on and on and on...
- Q. What are your 5 favorite books of all time?
- A. The Pillars of the Earth, The Day After Tomorrow, Alas Babylon, One Second After, The Count of Monte Cristo.
- Q. Is there a book you love to reread?
- A. The Green Beret In You
- Q. Do you have one sentence of advice for new writers?
- A. Write what you love to read...
- Q. What comment do you hear most often from your readers?
- A. Where do you get your ideas?